The village hidden in the leaves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The village hidden in the leaves

A roleplay based on the world of Naruto.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to RP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Tony Chopper
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Tony Tony Chopper

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-08-08

How to RP Empty
PostSubject: How to RP   How to RP Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 11:55 am

Ok, so you know what RPing is, and you're just eager to know how to do it, aren't you?

First off, the very beginning, you need a character to play. You can chose a character from Naruto TV show or make a fan character. Note that the fan character can be a character from another TV show, but it must be a manga.

Right, so you have your character, and your setting, now what do you do? Well, start at the beginning obviously, introduce your character. When you first make an entrance, make sure you know where everybody else is (so you don't put "walks into the room" and everybody is in a forest miles away), then enter, briefly describe your character, maybe a little history or personality mixed in with, but not too much, they don't need your life story yet.

And now you rp! Don't worry, I'm not going to leave it at that.
Basically what you need to do is act, only type it. What would your character do in the situation being played out in text on screen? Type it, actions and words. Make sure to keep to character, if your person is supposed to be soft hearted, kind and gentle, don't make her yell at people and kill them (unless, of course, that's just another face of their personality.)

Gaara of the Desert
Choji Akimichi
Sakura Haruno
Tony Tony Chopper
Back to top Go down
Crimson Ken

Crimson Ken

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-12-07

How to RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to RP   How to RP Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 1:58 am

COOL. Well I hope people can roleplay nice here. You described roleplaying very well and yea that is the way to do it. Hmm. So you can use characters from other animes?? That isn't very interesting but okay. If you admin say so (I never watched One piece, I think it sucks. Well the english version does but the book is okay I suppose. I don't know Chopper so it might be interesting to roleplay with you. I'm looking forward to this.)
Back to top Go down
Hanataro

Hanataro

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-08-17

How to RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to RP   How to RP Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:20 pm

Wow. I didnt know they gave advice on how to RP.
And I never did ask if there was ever a certain way of Roleplaying.
^^; I'm sure the way I do it now is somewhat accepting of what the admins want. So hopefully i'm in the clear.

Crimson Ken! ^^
I am Hanataro Yamada.
Just like Choppa, I'm also from a different Anime.
But ours isnt the same.

The Anime that I come from...I bet you already knew...is "Bleach."

Even though my character is not that of the ones on Naruto, I still play by the rules and act towards becoming a shinobi myself.
Weird, huh? Yeah. But it does make things a bit more interesting, no?;;
Back to top Go down
Crimson Ken

Crimson Ken

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-12-07

How to RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to RP   How to RP Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 10:28 pm

Oh well it does sounds pretty funny now that you mention it. A character from bleach in a naruto forum Lmao. So funny but cool. I haven't watched nor read the books but I know what that is. Some of my friend at school are crazy of it. Well hi there Hanataro.
Back to top Go down
Tony Tony Chopper
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Tony Tony Chopper

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-08-08

How to RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to RP   How to RP Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:13 pm

wee my advice is not ignored... but i'm sad to hear that even though it is shown in the opening page of the forum!!! ppl seem to ignore the fact that I there is a how to rp topic.

sigh...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to RP   How to RP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to RP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The village hidden in the leaves :: For new commers :: Rules-
Jump to: